Chapter 4 to release on Blu-ray in June
Now, audiences can relive the action punch-by-punch and shot-by-shot when the Keanu Reeves action sequel hits home release.
Mr. Wick, it will be good to see you again. The explosive sequel that has riddled audiences with bullets all over the world and setting a franchise record with over $400 million earned at the global box office has announced a date for release on digital and Blu-ray. Blu-ray.com reports that the action juggernaut, John Wick: Chapter 4, will be available on digital on May 23, then will be available to own on June 13 on Blu-ray and 4k. In addition, there are a number of retailers who will be simultaneously making steelbook editions available on the same date.
The technical specs will include
- DOLBY VISION/HDR PRESENTATION OF THE FILM
- DOLBY ATMOS AUDIO TRACK.
- English Descriptive Audio, French 5.1 Dolby Audio, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Audio
- Additional Blu-ray audio options: English Dolby Atmos, English Descriptive Audio, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Audio, French 5.1 Dolby Audio
- Optional English, Spanish, French, and English SDH subtitles for the main feature
Special features for this releasing will include:
- Chad and Keanu: Through Wick and Thin: Chad Stahelski and Keanu Reeves have a partnership that stretches all the way back to the first Matrix In this retrospective piece, we trace their remarkable friendship and decades-long collaboration.
- Train Like a Killer: Weapons Master Robert “Rock” Galotti and Keanu Reeves reveal the rigorous training that Keanu had to endure to make John Wick: Chapter 4 a reality – from gunplay, to jiu jitsu, to some hard-hitting stunt work.
- The Psychology of a Killer: Chad Stahelski explores the psychology of John Wick, a character who, despite four films, is still a mystery in many ways. We unpack the complicated code of ethics that Wick lives by, and the ironic bonds he shares with the men trying to kill him.
- The Blind Leading the Fight: John Wick: Chapter 4 witnesses the arrival of Caine, a blind killer played by legendary actor and martial artist Donnie Yen. Here we uncover Yen’s journey on this film, exploring his prep for the role, his insight into the character, and his intense training regimen to portray this unlikely killer.
- One Killer Shot: John Wick: Chapter 4 features one of the boldest single-take shots ever attempted in action filmmaking. Fight Choreographers Jeremy Marinas and Laurent Demianoff team up with Stunt Coordinator Scott Rogers to dive into the creative challenges that went into planning this one-shot sequence that sees John Wick take on Paris’s deadliest killers.
- Killing at the Speed of Traffic: Take a look at a nonstop action sequence featuring John Wick’s car-fu at the Arc de Triomphe! The driving force of this piece will be a look at the effects achieved at the iconic location, and sets the stakes of every assassin in Paris descending on Wick.
- And much more!
For a full comprehensive list, check out the listing on Blu-ray.com.